Information we collect
The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information.
When you use this website we will collect a small amount of technical information about your device in order to enable us to identify unique visitors to our site and to monitor overall levels of traffic. These details may include your IP address, details of the web browsing software that you are using to access the site, and details about the type of device you are using to access the site. For more details, see ‘Log Files’ below.
If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you such as your name, email address, phone number, the contents of the message and/or attachments you may send us, and any other information you may choose to provide.
When you register any account to use an Entos service (such as Envision), we will ask for details of your identity and contact details in order to enable us to create a unique account for you and to enable us to communicate with you about that service. These details may include items such as your name, company or organisation name, address, email address, and telephone number.
When you use Envision, Entos additionally stores molecule names associated with each user identifier, properties that have been displayed for each molecule, and a small set of user preferences (light/dark mode, unit preferences, and similar settings).
How we use your information
We use the information we collect in various ways, including to:
- Provide, operate, and maintain our website
- Improve, personalize, and expand our website
- Understand and analyze how you use our website
- Develop new products, services, features, and functionality
- Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for customer service, to provide you with updates and other information relating to the website, and for marketing and promotional purposes
- Send you emails
- Find and prevent fraud
Data collected via the website will be aggregated into analytical reports and is unlikely to be retained in an identifiable format for longer than one year.
Data collected via our services will be held for the full duration of time that you maintain an account to use that service. If you delete your account we may retain some of your data in order to meet any ongoing legal obligations (for example, where we are required to keep payment details for a specified period of time after a transaction takes place).
Entos follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services' analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users' movement on the website, and gathering information about the type of user that typically visits our site.
Entos offers its services globally and our headquarters is in the United States of America. When you use one of our services your data will be processed in the United States of America in order to enable us to deliver the service to you.
Transfers of data to the United States from our overseas offices take place under the terms of standard contractual clauses approved by local regulators, ensuring that those transfers are lawful and compliant with applicable local law.
CCPA Privacy Rights (Do Not Sell My Personal Information)
These additional disclosures apply only to California residents. The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) provides additional rights to know, delete and opt out, and requires businesses collecting or disclosing personal information to provide notices and means to exercise rights.
a. Notice of Collection.
In the past 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information enumerated in the CCPA:
- Identifiers, including name, email address, IP address, and other similar identifiers.
- Commercial information, including purchases and engagement with Entos.
b. Right to Know and Delete.
If you are a California resident, you have the rights to delete the personal information we have collected from you and know certain information about our data practices in the preceding 12 months. In particular, you have the right to request the following from us:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which the personal information was collected;
- The categories of personal information about you we disclosed for a business purpose or sold;
- The categories of third parties to whom the personal information was disclosed for a business purpose or sold;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling the personal information; and
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our toll free number at 855-294-3995. In the request, please specify which right you are seeking to exercise and the scope of the request. We will confirm receipt of your request within 10 days. We may require specific information from you to help us verify your identity and process your request. If we are unable to verify your identity, we may deny your requests to know or delete.
c. Right to Opt-Out.
To the extent Entos sells your personal information as the term “sell” is defined under the CCPA, you have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information by us to third parties at any time. You may submit a request to opt-out by emailing us at email@example.com, or by calling our toll-free number at 855-294-3995.
d. Authorized Agent.
You can designate an authorized agent to submit requests on your behalf. However, we will require written proof of the agent’s permission to do so and verify your identity directly.
e. Right to Non-Discrimination.
You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of any your rights.
We do not knowingly “sell” the personal information of minors under 18 years old who are California residents without their affirmative authorization.
g. Shine the Light.
Customers who are residents of California have the right to request a disclosure describing the categories of personal information we have shared with third parties for their direct marketing purposes, and with whom we have shared it, during the preceding calendar year. You may request a copy of that disclosure by contacting us as set out in the “Contact Us” section above and specifying that you are making a “California Shine the Light Request.” We may require additional information from you to allow us to verify your identity and are only required to respond to requests once during any calendar year.
NRS 603A Privacy Rights
Nevada law (NRS 603A.340) requires each business to establish a designated request address where Nevada consumers may submit requests directing the business not to sell certain kinds of personal information that the business has collected or will collect about the consumer. A sale under Nevada law is the exchange of personal information for monetary consideration by the business to a third party for the third party to license or sell the personal information to other third parties. If you are a Nevada consumer and wish to submit a request relating to our compliance with Nevada law, please contact us as at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GDPR Data Protection Rights
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
Exercising your Rights
To exercise any of your rights over your data, please contact us at email@example.com and let us know which of your rights you wish to invoke. Please note that the more detail you are able to supply, the more effectively we will be able to deal with your request.
We may require you to confirm and verify your identity before proceeding with any request from you to comply with a rights request.
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
Entos does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.